Thriving with Stellar – The Role of Stellar for the TFT Ecosystem & How to Buy TFT on Stellar
Everything we need for a healthy financial ecosystem is already available on Stellar today. Find out more about Stellar and its role in the TFT ecosystem, and learn how to buy TFT with Stellar.
🔗About Stellar & Its Role for the ThreeFold Token
Launched in 2014, Stellar is an open network for storing, moving and trading any kind of money transparently and efficiently. The decentralized system enables users “to create, send, and trade digital representations of all forms of money” in a faster, cheaper and more energy-efficient way – facilitating millions of transactions on a daily basis.
In 2020, ThreeFold decided to move the ThreeFold Token (TFT) to Stellar from Rivine (a transactional blockchain created by ThreeFold), which still is the main blockchain for the minting of TFT and the distribution of farming rewards. Internet capacity provisioning and workload deployments are executed via TF Chain. Therefore, bridges between Stellar and TF Chain were established to facilitate payments.
Learn more about the blockchains TFT is available on here.
🔗Why we chose Stellar & What the Network offers
We were and still are big fans of Stellar. Over the last two years, we’ve had a great experience with Stellar. And we believe everything we need for a healthy financial ecosystem is already available on Stellar.
The Stellar Network is faster, more cost-effective and more energy-efficient than usual blockchain-based systems. It’s a huge, highly reliable network that integrates a multitude of digital currencies and provides good liquidity. In addition to that, we share the same values and a similar vision: Stellar and ThreeFold are both open source, looking to empower humanity and striving towards building fair, inclusive systems.
Stellar has a lot to offer, including:
- Stellar helps exchanges with enabling compliant on/off ramps and thereby opens up exchanges’ access to new markets, users and services
- Stellar does so through native and interoperable on/off-ramps within the Stellar Network, called anchors
- All exchanges have to do is integrate assets like Stellar USDC
- Stellar has a built-in decentralized exchange, SDEX, which enables users to place orders to buy or sell one Stellar-network asset for another
- These orders are aggregated into so-called order books and prioritized for execution based on price
- The order book model is very established – it’s the same model used by traditional exchanges where users trade forex or cryptocurrencies
- In general, order books on decentralized money chains are pretty straightforward, while basically offering the same functionalities as centralized exchanges
- The order book on Stellar is relatively small but as people start using it it will get bigger, there is no downside compared to Liquid
- TFT is also available on order books on Stellar USDC
🔗Automated Market Makers (AMMs)
- As of November 2021, Stellar natively supports the creation of AMMs to improve liquidity and to thereby make cross-border payments fast, cheap, and highly usable
- AMMs coexist alongside the SDEX as an alternate source of liquidity
- They democratize access by making the process of providing liquidity accessible, simple, and inclusive while making asset conversion more efficient
- While users trade against other users’ existing orders in the order book model, users trade against a liquidity pool with AMMs
- AMMs on Stellar are a great opportunity to provide easily accessible liquidity at scale, especially for markets that are new and/or overlooked by traditional market makers, as issuers of an asset on Stellar don’t have to rely on market makers anymore – with AMMs, they can set up liquidity pools and enable individuals to provide liquidity
- Small fees incur when trading against a liquidity pool to incentivize liquidity providers
Stellar provides a number of different wallets with various functionalities, both hardware and software wallets, to make it really simple for users to enter the Stellar Network – from LOBSTR and Solar to StellarX and Trezor.
So, as you can see, Stellar offers multiple great solutions and basically everything we need. It’s all there – order books, AMMs, wallets, and more – and it’s decentralized! Now, we only have to start building our own liquidity on Stellar.
Since every asset and currency starts with zero liquidity when issued on Stellar, it is up to the community to put capital onto the Stellar Network and to put that capital to use for trading, e.g. by creating orders on the order books, to build liquidity on Stellar – i.e. to create and sustain a healthy market for TFT. Therefore, we encourage you all to choose Stellar as the primary platform to trade TFT. If all of us together put our liquidity there, we’ll be able to create a very healthy TFT ecosystem, and thereby also attract others to get involved in TFT. Actually, this is a great chance for us to take back control of and strengthen the token – without any interferences or manipulations from centralized exchanges. Together, we build.
Stellar USDC brings the world’s fastest-growing USD stablecoin to Stellar, an incredibly efficient and fast network. Through Stellar USDC, a fully-backed and trusted digital US Dollar asset, dollars can now move anywhere and to anyone, across borders, and be immediately converted into and out of the world’s currencies. Learn more about how it works here.
🔗How to Buy TFT with Stellar
Basically, selling and buying TFT is possible via all the above and below mentioned interfaces and wallets within the Stellar Network through Stellar USDC. We currently recommend the following ways to buy TFT on Stellar:
- Freighter is a non-custodial Stellar wallet extension that enables you to sign Stellar transactions via your browser
- LOBSTR is a leading platform for managing all assets issued on the Stellar Network. It’s a simple and secure Stellar wallet that allows you to buy TFT trading pairs with a credit card and MoneyGram
- StellarTerm is an open-source client that allows users to easily send, receive and trade assets on the Stellar Network
- Solar is a secure, open and free Stellar wallet with features like multi-signature accounts, asset management, and more
- Interstellar provides a complete digital currency experience to easily create, send, receive, swap and trade digital currencies and other tokenonized assets
Visit the linked library pages to find detailed step-by-step guides for all methods. Please note we are working on making these resources as clear as possible. So, feel free to ask any questions around how to buy TFT with Stellar on the forum, or bring suggestions.
🔗What’s next for TFT
One of our key objectives is to make TFT more accessible. Already, there are many options to buy and sell TFT – like gettft.com or Stellar’s DEX, and more coming soon. We’re also exploring the feasibility and synergies for a meaningful partnership with Algorand – including making TFT available on Algorand order books.
And the team is doing some incredible work on developing our own financial technologies, including the Liquidity Pool concept and the P2P Wallet, both expected by early next year. We’ll be sharing more about what these solutions will look like soon here on the blog.
Until then, check out some of these key resources around the ThreeFold Token:
ThreeFold Token & Liquidity
- What is the real value of TFT
- The Potential of the ThreeFold Token (TFT)
- TFT Knowledge Base
- Liquidity Whitepaper
How to Buy & Sell TFT
Please note that the ThreeFold Token (TFT) is not an investment instrument. Also, this is not investment advice, everyone is free to make their own choices. So, do your own research and read our disclaimer.